Sunday, January 25, 2015

1.11 The Oldie Family of Pleasantview

The Oldie Family

Herb Oldie - 57 years old - Romance - Woohoo 20 sims - Nature

Coral Oldie - 56 years old - Family - Marry 6 kids - Film & Literature


Herb:  Coral my love.

Coral:  Oh Herb.  Such a romantic.


Herb:  Why did I greet all these folks?  This trailer isn't large enough for this crowd.  Where is Coral?  I want my lunch.


Coral:  A nice large garden.  Yummy veggies to put up for the winter.


Herb:  Maybe this outing wasn't such a good idea.  Doesn't Kevin realized that you only tried to flirt with his girlfriend Martin?  I have to say I think the boy is overreacting.  


Herb:  Ah, Miranda, your are such a lovely sight for these old eyes.  


Herb:  Oh Tara, perhaps you'd like to change into something a little more comfortable?


Herb:  You go Downtown for just a bit and when you come home the bushes are on fire.  Darn lightning.  Such a hazard.








Coral:  HERB!  What are you doing?


DEATH:  WELL THIS ISN'T GOING TO END WELL.






DEATH:  YES, IT LOOKS LIKE THE FIRE GOT THEM BOTH.  I THINK SOMEONE SHOULDN'T HAVE MOVED THOSE BUSHES.




We say goodbye to Herb and Coral Oldie who died on day one in their new home.


For Sale: One mobile home with garden.  Fully furnished.  Everything lightly used.


Thoughts:

I am so sad. Coral isn't my favorite but I've always loved Herb for some reason.  He went to put out the fire on his own.  I didn't ask him to.  It suddenly stopped raining.  I didn't even realize it at first.  I kept thinking the rain would put the fire out.  I thought Herb would survive at first.  Then...he was gone.  Coral ran over to see what was going on.  I x'd out of the fire reaction and tried to move her back into the house.  When that didn't work, I was just sad.  Sad.  This is the shortest time for a family's survival ever.  I didn't even make it to midnight.  I'm just sad.  So very sad.

For those wondering, yes I was going to try to make Coral a plantsim in order to get her another five kids to marry.  

So very sad.  And all because I was a dummy and moved the pine tree, two large bushes and two small bushes into the corner of the lot.  I have regrets.  


2 comments:

  1. A very unusual thing happening in your game - as opposed to mine ;-)
    What a good idea to have Coral turn into a Plantsim so that she would have had a chance to fulfill her LTW; I never thought of that!
    I did like playing the Oldies back in the day when they were still alive in my 'hood, which seems a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i though i was reading Librarian blog for a second only joking, i didn't put the oldies in my blog to many people to play otherwise. It is shame that they died but sometimes that is how the game works

    ReplyDelete